2005-09-28

People pay more for iPods, why not Macintoshes?

I don't understand why people pay more for an iPod but refuse to pay more for a Mac. The same reasons that people give to justify paying more for an iPod also apply to paying more for a Mac, which I can summerize as: a better user experiance. People also pay more for many other expensive items, such as refridgerators and cars. Why not computers? I work on a Windows Dell PC at work 8 hours a day, and a mac at home for an hour or so every day. My conclusion:

Windows is clunky and combersome; macs are clean and user-friendly.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I use a Mac at home and a Dell PC at work also. I guess I'm not quite as enamored with our Mac as you seem to be with yours. Sure, it's cool, but I don't see it as quite as incredible as my "Mac Snob" friends do. Although I guess a Mac is a little more user friendly.

Tom Philpott said...

Uh oh. Here we go. Paul?

Paul Hue said...

Six: What mac do you have? What OS are you running?

Unknown said...

Sorry, just saw your post. We've got an I-Book, 1.33 Ghz Power PC, G4, 256 MB.

Unknown said...

OS X

Paul Hue said...

And you don't notice a much easier experiance than on a Windows box? I assume by "OS X" that you mean the latest version: OS 10.4.