2005-11-19

Wordpress has better features, but is unusable

Our experiment using Wordpress as a blogsite has failed. It has better features that blogger.com (which is TERRIBLE), but Wordpress mysteriously provides no mechanism for creating accounts for anybody other than the blogsite owner. So effectively nobody but the blog owner can post anything, even comments. So let's resume using this usable (but in all other ways, terrible) site.
=====
Let's move Reformed Leftist over to this alternative blogsite, which seems to lack most of the unbearable problems that render blogger.com such a frustrating fiasco. Let's at least give the new site a chance. The only problem with the new blogspot is that I haven't figured out how to create multiple users. For example, I have to post as the user, "reformedleftist", not "paulhue." Also, others like Tom and Six can't post. I have this proposal: I have added Six's blogspot (which hasn't been used in months) to the new reformedleftist's link sheet. Six, you can either start using your old blogspot, or create a new blogspot at the new service (and I'll change the link at the new Reformedlefist). If you use the new service, maybe you can figure out how we can have multiple users, then we can resume mutual postings at Reformedleftist. Tom, I also want you to make a new blogspot and start posting as well. Let's see how this works, kids. Republican Brother, I also want you to checkout the new blog site, because I think that blogger.com is TERRIBLE.

3 comments:

Paul Hue said...

Tom emailed me: Whatever it's merits, the new blog site has severe problems. First, it
looks like hell. Second, it instructs one to "log in" but offers no
apparent way to sign up for an account. Even leaving a comment looks
like it will be a long adventure in trying to get an account. Third, I
doubt people are going to keep separate blogs going. Reformed Leftist
was robust because we could post on it and argue at will. Now we each
have to have our own blog? I doubt i'll run a blog specifically for the
purpose of tweaking you and 6. However, i will occasionally post on
your blog for that purpose.

Paul Hue said...

Tom: This is really too bad. I had spent considerable amount of time vainly trying to figure out how to "invite" people to join the new blog, and how to create my "paulhue" userid. It looks like we have no good blog options. The original blogger.com site sucks for reasons I have described before (one of its faults is that I cannot use that blog entry now, as it has obligitorially drifted off to an ever-distant archive). The new site solves many of these problems, but has new problems, which might even be worse.

Unknown said...

I agree Paul. I tried surfing your other blog site and found it unusable as well.

I have begun utilizing my blog again, http://sixtsringslinger.blogspot.com/ for posting, so feel free to visit and comment.