2006-06-29

What I Got Wrong About the War

Andrew Sullivan is one of my favorite libertarians, and reformed leftists. He hates islamic KKKers who want to execute non-believers and women who have sex outside of marriage 10,000 times more than he opposes the christian crusaders who merely want to outlaw gay marriage and abortion and permit voluntary prayer for all faiths in public schools. And he respects corporate leaders. He's gay, but he doesn't act like an exaggerated female slut.

He supported Bush's invasion of Iraq, and wanted it to lead to freedom / democracy / prosperity there. Now he thinks that this attempt was a mistake, though not clearly so.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't agree with everything Sullivan says here, but with a great deal of it I do and I think it's a very fair and thoughtful assessment of the situation we find ourselves in in Iraq.

Unknown said...

Sullivan makes some good points and most importantly for me, he demonstrates the proper, civil way to disagree with and have discourse about the war, something that the anti-war Left for the most part seems unable to grasp.

Nadir said...

They are trying to charge me money to read the whole articls, so I don't know what you guys are talking about.

I do know that George H.W. Bush explained in his memoir why he didn't follow through and dethrone Saddam. He said the country would slide into civil war. He was correct, but apparently his illiterate son didn't read his daddy's book, or didn't care about it. Instead he listened to chowderheads like Cheney and Rumsfeld who were probably pushing for invasion in '91.

Paul Hue said...

Nadir: You have to fool around on the website to read the article without getting charged.