2006-02-24

Mayor of London Suspended over Nazi Jibe

London's mayor has been suspended from office on full pay for four weeks for comparing a Jewish journalist to a concentration camp guard.

Ken Livingstone was recorded asking reporter Oliver Finegold if he is a "German war criminal".

Mr Finegold replies: "No, I'm Jewish, I wasn't a German war criminal. I'm quite offended by that."

The mayor then says: "Ah right, well you might be, but actually you are just like a concentration camp guard, you are just doing it because you are paid to, aren't you?"

2 comments:

Paul Hue said...

You're on my side here, Nadir? "You offended me" so I want you punished? Would you support the "offended" reporter assaulting the mayor? Or how about thousands of jews around the world staging violent demonstrations, burning British consulates and killing british goys?

Nadir said...

I'll probably catch flack for this, but Jews have been waging war on other cultures (offensively and defensively) for centuries. Lately (except in Palestine) those wars have been economic and/or covert.

But I think all of this stuff is stupid. The Danes shouldn't have published the cartoons. The Muslims shouldn't be rioting about it. The London mayor made a stupid and unnecessary comment but he shouldn't be suspended for it.

I think it's all indefensible. I am disgusted by all that shit.